Who should join AEP?
Any / All practicing emergency physicians, regardless of residency training and/or board certification status who are dedicated to the provision of high quality, compassionate emergency medical care.
- Joining many other practicing EP's in an organization that works to increase awareness of the quality and importance of practicing, "in the trenches" emergency physicians.
- Representation in an organization that is committed to the interests of practicing EP's (regardless of ABEM, AOBEM, ACEP, or BCEM status), working to dispel myths about board certification status and what it implies.
- Association with other like-minded EP's who are enthusiastic about our specialty.
- Up-to-date information about the practice of EM and new developments affecting our practices.
- Opportunity for involvement in AEP activities and committees, including the potential for leadership opportunities.
- Potential for recognition in the AEP Fellowship Program. (If interested, contact the AEP Office for criteria and application.)
- EM CME Recognitions Awards
- Periodic email and web site updates for members on pertinent issues.
- AEP FIRSTLINE newsletters with educational content.
- Access to the "Members Only" section of the newly reconstructed AEP website.
- MBNA Platinum Plus credit card program.
- Discounts on many excellent emergency medicine CME programs such as:
- PEPID ED
- Epocrates for your handheld Palm and Windows devices
- NetCE (for your online CME needs)
- Emergency Medicine Reports
- Med Challenger Emergency Medicine
- Links to free and discounted CME sites (updated every 6 months)
- An EM Job Opportunities area in the "Members Only" section of the website on which AEP members can post an opportunity or look for work.
- A voice in an organization with a fresh and open-minded approach to change.